Simple Valentine's Decor For Winter Decorating

by Julie Nichols, February 05, 2016
 Happy Friday!  

Hi friends..it's another stormy winter day here on Long Island, with up to 12 inches of snow expected. I thought it would be the perfect day to stay inside and cozy things up for Valentine's Day.  
 I like to use what I have and keep it Simple
Do you remember the roses I purchased from the grocery store?  How to Revive Wilted Roses  Yes I still have them! I dried the blooms and arranged them in a marble mortar and scattered the petals in a blue & white transferware dish.
This wreath is so easy to make...it's ridiculous
Simply cover a corn wreath form with burlap and tie a ribbon around it. I used black and white plaid ribbon that I already had. I made the vintage sheet music hearts a couple of years ago. You can check out the post at the bottom of this page for an easy to follow tutorial on how to make them.  I also added a bonus post for those who like red and white for Valentine's Day.


Simple pom-pom bouquets and a photo of my daughter that I made are added to the entryway chest.


Here is the link on how I made the vintage sheet music hearts:



Plus The Bonus Post Using Red & White:


So tell me how you like to decorate for Valentine's Day?...
Do you go all out or do you keep it simple like me?


SHARE 6 comments

Add your comment

  1. Looks like you're having a lot of fun decorating for Valentine's Day! :-) I love Valentine's Day decorations but never have really gotten into decorating for that holiday. Except, on the actual day. I used to make a crafty, fun day of it with my daughter and we'd make paper decorations and set a pretty table. Then, we'd cook a fancy dinner. She's all grown up now and has moved away for grad school. So, I guess I'll be on my own for any Valentine's decorating that day. I love those music hearts you made and the buntings you found for inspiration! I saw some cute crocheted hearts online somewhere yesterday that looked fun to make too. Hmmmm?!...maybe I should have some fun creating now. ;-) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful that you created fun memories of Valentines day with your daughter. My daughter will be graduating high school this year and off to college. It is always fun to create something for valentines day! Thank you for the visit!
    XO
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,
      I just love all of your Valentines decorating! The sheet music hearts are so cute, and the shopping bag heart banner is such a creative use of a shopping bag, I love that.
      Love your pom pom bouquets too!
      I heard that you guys were getting hit with another snow storm...we have friends and family in Nova Scotia, Canada so I am always watchin the weather your way.
      Stay safe! Hugs, Kimberley

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Kimberley! I had a lot of fun making the banners for my daughter. Looking forward to spring!

      Delete
  3. Your Valentines Decor may be simple, but it is also very pretty and sweet! :) Coming from Tweak It Tuesday... ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving such a sweet comment.

      Delete

© love my simple home · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS