Shopping Bag Inspired Gallery Wall

in , , by Julie Nichols, July 31, 2015


HELLO FRIENDS!

Gallery walls are a simple solution to add a fun spin to any space in your home.  
Did you know they are really easy to create!  
Here is my No stress - No rules method for creating a gallery wall:
All you have to do is pick a theme and add a few of your favorite things. 
 It's that simple!! 
   


Do you have a blank wall in your home that is just screaming for attention?
  Gallery walls are the perfect way to show your walls some love.  I put together this one in my daughter's bedroom using shopping bags from some of her favorite stores.


This neglected wall was screaming for attention.  The idea of making a gallery wall has been brewing in my mind for months, so while Chelsea was away at camp I thought it would be a good time to finally start and complete this project.  




Picking a Theme
It can be anything your heart desires

I picked shopping

I used Chelsea's collection of shopping bags, A peg wood rack, French dress plates, artwork, and vintage handbags. 

I started in the center of the wall by hanging the peg wood rack.  I added artwork purchased from Jeanne Oliver Designs above the rack.  Next, I placed one plate above the artwork and then working outward I hung two plates on either side of the rack.  I did a little measuring but most of the time I eyeballed everything by taking a step back and making sure things looked even.

I have a fear of putting too many holes in the wall so I only used nails to hang the plates and the peg rack.  I used command strips for the artwork and sticky dots to hang the bags.  Now the bags can easily be changed for new ones without damaging to the wall.

Hanging from the pegs are Chelsea's vintage handbags.



I hung the shopping bags last...
 It was as easy as 1 2 3.



 I love these vintage dresses.  I wish I could wear every single one of them!!




I love Jeanne's artwork!!
The one on the left says Letting Go
The one on the right says...The World Was Waiting For All The Beauty She Had To Offer




I hope I inspired you to create your own gallery wall with
No Rules - No Stress
JUST FUN!


SHARE 3 comments

Add your comment

  1. Cute and creative!!! Stopping by from Inspire Me Tuesday...glad I found you.

    -Tenneil
    RSeven.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea, and i love how much color they bring to the space! hope your daughter enjoys!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!
    I would love for you to stop by and join our Something to Talk About link party that starts every Monday morning!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

© love my simple home · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS