Simple Christmas Vignettes

in , by Julie Nichols, December 18, 2014
Hello Friends
Hope everyone is doing well and not stressing too much over the Holiday.

My topic today is:
 How to Add warmth to your home
in minutes
for Christmas
without
spending money.

A quick and easy way to do this; is simple:
Use what you have....it doesn't have to be Christmas related.  I used my favorite plates and other items that I love adding pine cones and clippings from my Christmas tree.

Here are a few vignettes I put together.
Hoping to give you some last-minute inspiration.



I displayed my favorite blue and white plates on open shelves in our dining area.  




Clippings from our Christmas tree and pine cones are placed in a blue and white umbrella holder on top of a small table.  I added a rustic birdcage, a mercury glass Santa and a plate of yummy homemade caramel brownies.





A glass bowl full of sweet oranges, my grandmother's crystal lamp, and a couple of glass milk jars.
Makes it 
MERRY AND BRIGHT




A Pretty Pink Christmas Cactus


And my Pretty..... Molly Girl 
She really wanted to taste one of those brownies. 




Here are a few pictures of what I have in the stainless steel cabinet.
Stacked antique white plates and delicate gold-rimmed tea cups.

I love the patina on the plates. 


On another shelf, I have a stack of cobalt blue bowls and a child's baking set in a small wicker basket.





I like to save wine bottles in striking colors and use them as vessels for flowers.  
I have two displayed in the cabinet. 
Silver bells and a ribbon are tied around my favorite bottle.

Pine cones are placed in a cheese cloche.


I hope I inspired you to add warmth to your home for Christmas without spending money.


Now hurry up and decorate!!




MERRY CHRISTMAS


SHARE 3 comments

Add your comment

  1. So pretty. Especially the oranges.... not sure why but oranges have always been Christmas-like to me. Love all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Isn't it something how a little greenery and oranges add such amazing Christmas to your vignettes.
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vignettes are beautiful! Thank you for sharing the lovely decorating inspiration on the Art of Home-Making Mondays. Have a happy new year and hope to see your contributions on our link up in 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete

© love my simple home · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS