Colorful and simple wreath

by Julie Nichols, September 26, 2014

Hi Friends
Welcome to the first full weekend of fall.  

The leaves on the trees in our area are green with the exception of one maple tree at the end of our street.
The leaves are orange and when the sun shines on it, it is ablaze.
This beautiful maple inspired me to make this wreath.



 I made my wreath using silk flowers, burlap, cardboard & antique sheet music. The letter N represents our last name. I constructed the letter using a stencil and antique sheet music.
I  used a hot glue gun to adhere the flowers to the wreath.





I cut the burlap into strips to make the mock bows.



The wreath is hanging on a repurposed hutch cabinet door that I recently painted. 

You can read how I made the white pumpkin here
 I made the orange and gray pumpkin from a shirt my daughter outgrew.  I plan on making more of these cuties.



Enjoy the weekend!


SHARE 4 comments

Add your comment

  1. Colorful and so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Fall Welcome..............for your mantle.
    Don't you just love this time of year?? It is
    the only time I enjoy using earth tones in my
    home..........yet they make it so warm and cozy
    and colorful.
    Happy Fall to you,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling! Thanks for sharing your creativity on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete

© love my simple home · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS