Modern-Day Empire Chair

in , by Julie Nichols, December 03, 2013

Hi Friends

I'm so excited to tell you this.  The other day I was asked by One Kings Lane to help introduce their new Home Decor Resource Guide by doing a post on a statement chair in my home that reflects my personal style.
I chose a chair & sofa from our den.  

Chair

I fell in love with this chair the minute I laid eyes on it at Home Goods.  I worked around the corner from the store so just about every day I would pop in and check out all their beauties.  It was over $200.00 when I first saw it.  I held out until it went on clearance and purchased it for $99.00.  I loved it even more at that price.


Isn't she beautiful!!  I love the black and white combo (one of my favorites) in clothing and design.  I also love the overall design of the chair; the scooped arms and the curved back.



The fabric is a houndstooth pattern.  The chair reminds me of a beautiful piece of clothing.  Something I might wear with a pair of jeans.

By using One Kings Lane Resource Guide. I found out that my chair is a modern-day interpretation of the Empire Chair and the legs are Biedermeier.  My chair is a combination of two different designs. How neat!!



Sofa

I purchased this beautiful camelback sofa at a local consignment shop.  Using the same resource guide I was able to find out that this sofa is American Federal style.


This beauty is the centerpiece of the room.  I absolutely love this sofa for several reasons.  The first being the color blue ( my favorite color). I love the tightly arched back and I love the arms. The material is velvet. 
SHARE 4 comments

Add your comment

  1. That is such good information. It's amazing what we can learn on websites now, isn't it? I sure hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself and get some extra rest! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is neat to know what your pieces are styled after. great job holding out on that chair-not sure I could risk it! I love it paired with the bright map and that rattan side table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that chair and the fabric is gorgeous. The sofa is my favorite style ever. I have a small loveseat and I adore it. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful chair and great price!

    ReplyDelete

© love my simple home · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS